DJs now have new level of control, never found in an entry level DJ controller with the launch of the DDJ-SB2 for Serato DJ Intro(included) and Serato DJ. The two-channel DDJ-SB2 has all the features of the previous model the DDJ-SB comprising of Filter Fade, Performance Pads and features not usually available at this price. But now and most importantly we have got trim pots, level meters also Pad Trans beat effects and 4-deck control.
The DDJ-SB2 is perfect for the beginner DJ with its simple plug and play facility with Serato DJ Intro (free) and Serato DJ (paid upgrade), which offers features including iZotope FX, Slip Mode, record and a host of expansion packs. The DDJ-SB2 innovative Filter Fade lets DJs mix seamlessly, adjusting the volume and high pass filter with just one hand. So they’ve got a spare hand to unleash their creativity – using the tactile Performance Pads and buttons to trigger samples, FX, loops and cues.
The SB2 is also USB powered , so no need for extra power supplies , making it very portable , just add your laptop , headphones and speakers and you will be rockin the party .
KEY FEATURES OF THE DDJ-SB2
1. Intuitive controls for a physical performance
The DDJ-SB’s layout mirrors Serato DJ Intro and Serato DJ interface, so getting hands on with the controller’s buttons and dials soon becomes second nature. Tactile controls include:
• Performance Pads: four rubber pads enable DJs to trigger Hot Cue, Auto Loop, Manual Loop and Sampler – while a further four give immediate access to Play, Cue, Sync and Shift functions.
• New trim pots and level meters: the DDJ-SB2 is the first controller at his price point to feature trim pots and level meters, putting control of the volume of each track at DJs’ fingertips.
• Manual filters on each channel: independent low/high pass filter dials for each channel are inherited from the premium DDJ-SX2 and DDJ-SR controllers.
2. Filter Fade and Trans effect take beginners beyond mixing
The DDJ-SB2 is packed with features to help beginners hit the ground running, such as:
• New quantized Trans beat effect: DJs use the Performance Pads to trigger the Pad Trans effect and cut the volume in time with the beat.
• Filter Fade: makes mixing effortless by adding two high pass filters to the crossfader – so DJs can manipulate the volume and the bass filter with just one hand
This product has not been reviewed yet.