This bundle includes:
1x DDJ-200 DJ controller for Pioneer WeDJ APP & Djay app
1x Pioneer DM40 studio monitors
Pioneer DJ launch a new product to help the beginner DJ to get in to DJing with the DDJ-200, the new smartphone and iPhone compatible smart DJ controller. The DDJ-200 makes it easier for the beginner to start DJing with the help of the Tutorials featured in free app, WeDJ for iPhone (ver. 2.0), which you can download for free from the App Store. For over 25 years Pioneer DJ been making DJ equipment, software, and music production tools that have been used by everyone from bedroom DJs to super stars. The DDJ-200 offers anyone regardless of their musical or technical knowledge an intuitive way to make the step into mixing music. Designed with beginners and hobbyists in mind, the DDJ-200 controller is compatible with a variety of music streaming apps and offers access to features that simplifies many aspects of DJing. You can use the DDJ-200 to mix tracks at home or on the go, just hook up the DDJ-200 to your iPhone and mix songs from your iTunes via the Pioneer DJ app, WeDJ. Or connect the software to SoundCloud Go+ and Beatport’s new Beatport LINK streaming service to access huge online resource of music. You can also Download Algoriddim’s djay iOS/Android app and you can use tracks from Spotify (Premium account required), and just to give you more choice you can also download MWM SAS’s edjing Mix iOS/Android app and gain access to content from SoundCloud and Deezer. As ever Pioneer DJ have ergonomically laid the buttons and dials on the DDJ-200 to mimic the style of their professional DJ equipment to make it easier for you to get hands-on and find all the controls you need to perform. To help you get to grips with DJing as quickly as possible, Pioneer DJ have added the Tutorial and Transition FX features to WeDJ for iPhone, both of which are popular with beginners. The DDJ-200 really does open the doors to the beginner DJ and price at point never seen from the industry leader in DJ technology.
1. Multi-app compatibility and support for music streaming services Connect the DDJ-200 to your smartphone, tablet, or PC/Mac, choose your favorite from a number of compatible DJ apps such as WeDJ, MWM SAS’s edjing Mix, and Algoriddim’s djay and control tracks stored on your device. Some streaming services are supported too, so you can discover music from numerous genres in vast online catalogs. Even better, when connected to the DDJ-200, you can enjoy free use of all the features in rekordbox dj and WeDJ for iPhone that normally incur in-app billing.
2. Tutorial and Pop-Hint features to help beginners enjoy DJing Combine the DDJ-200 with WeDJ for iPhone to use the Tutorial feature which summarizes the basics of DJing. Find out how to connect the controller to your devices, and how to use various features and effects, and pick up tips on performance techniques. WeDJ for iPhone also offers the Pop-Hint feature that explains the functions of buttons without switching screens. If you’ve never handled DJ hardware before, these features will help you get up and running, and performing, in no time.
6. Split output for DJ performances Use split cables to separate the audio output of your smartphone, tablet, or PC/Mac into master and monitor outputs. This enables you to check audio via your headphones, e.g., cueing the next track, while the crowd hears the master sound playing through the speakers.
WeDJ, djay and Edjing Mix all connect to the DDJ-200 via Bluetooth MIDI. All audio processing is done via a users Smart Device as the DDJ-200 does not have a sound card. The Master and Headphones audio output can be split from a users Smart Device using the provided Audio Splitter Cable
Can I use my Smart Device Bluetooth for the WeDJ Master Output?
• This is possible, but you will experience audio latency and hear both the Headphones and Master Output at the same time as you can't split Bluetooth audio. If you disable ‘Split Output’ via WeDJ settings, you would have just the WeDJ Master Output transmitting via Bluetooth correctly, although with audio latency and no Headphones Output. For these reasons, we suggest using an Audio Splitter cable for the best product experience.
Is an Audio Splitter cable provided in the box?
• Yes. Does Bluetooth MIDI have latency? • Some, but generally unnoticeable as the data being transmitted is only control data and not audio.
Is the Master Output of WeDJ MONO?
• Yes, this is because an iPhone only has x1 Stereo Output. In order to achieve a Headphones Output at the same time, the Left Channel becomes the Master Output, the Right Channel becomes the Headphones Output.
This product has not been reviewed yet.