Pioneer lead the way and bring us the next step in DJ mixer technology .The DJM-900NXS2 takes mixing to another level with the first ever 64-bit mixing processor giving a more natural, warm and detailed sound. The controls are even more responsive, with a new gain structure, improved EQ and fader curves resulting in a smoother mixing experience for the DJ . The Sound Colour FX section now has a parameter knob bringing a whole new dimension to the colour FX section . The new independent Send/Return means you no longer have to choose between Beat FX and external FX allowing the DJ to be more creative. You can connect your choice of external FX controllers, including apps on your iPad, and layer it on top of the on-board FX. Add to that four phono inputs, DVS support and two USB ports for easy connection to PC/Mac – and the DJM-900NXS2 is a crucial tool versatile enough for any professional booth. This mixer really does take it to the next level with sound quality never heard before in a Pioneer DJM mixer and with more control over effects and new effect we expect a whole new level of performance from the DJ.
NEW FEATURES OF THE DJM-900NXS2
1. High quality audio components for a warm, detailed sound
The DJM-900NXS2 has undergone a complete overhaul under the bonnet to deliver clear sound with more depth and colour:
• Improved digital sound processing: 64-bit mixing processing, enhanced dithering technology and a low-jitter clock – all deliver a warm, natural analogue sound.
• 96 kHz/24-bit sound card and direct digital connection: accurately reproduces high-res audio.
• Newly developed power supply: eliminates unwanted noise and delivers a warmer sound.
• Improved analogue input: a new phono amp circuit, plus a new signal GND terminal to easily attach ground wires from analogue turntables.
2. Improved EQ, fader and clip controls for smoother mixes
The DJM-900NXS2 has more nuanced frequency and volume controls for smoother, more dynamic mixing:
• Improved channel fader curves: the three curves have been fine-tuned for more precision and control.
• New EQ curves: even more precision across the highs, mids and lows.
• More accurate clip indicator: a redesigned gain structure ensures meters don’t go into the red too early.
• Peak limiter: minimises distortion even at high volumes.
3. More detailed control of a wealth of FX plus an independent Send/Return
The DJM-900NXS2’s FX and their controls have been completely redesigned to deliver detailed levels of manipulation:
• 6 Sound Colour FX:
o New Sweep: replaces Gate/Comp
o New parameter knob: alters different parameters for each effect.
o Bigger knobs: for more nuanced control of all sound colour FX.
• 14 Beat FX:
o New FX: Ping Pong, Vinyl Brake, Helix, Pitch, improved Reverb.
o Bigger X-Pad with OLED screen: more easily see and toggle FX and change parameters.
o FX Frequency: choose which frequency range to apply effects to.
o Channel selection LED: know at a glance which channels you’re applying Beat FX to.
• Independent Send/Return: connect external hardware and software to use alongside the internal FX. InterApp support means you can use FX/Instrument apps on your iPad – for example the virtual RMX-1000 app.
4. Two USB ports, 4 Phono Inputs and DVS support for total flexibility and seamless DJ handovers
The DJM-900NXS2 has a multitude of inputs to give you total freedom to mix with the source of your choice:
• 2 USB ports and a top-loaded input switcher: for seamless DJ handovers between different PCs/Macs.
• DVS control: use turntables/players to control rekordbox DJ performance software via the rekordbox dj DVS Plus Pack (coming soon).
• 4 Phono Inputs: connect up to 4 turntables to channels 1, 2, 3 or 4.
5. Pro DJ Link via LAN or USB for even more scope and flexibility
Use Pro DJ Link to connect up to 4 players and share one source, see detailed rekordbox information and unlock a number of advanced features including Quantize. You can also connect a PC/Mac with just one USB cable to control rekordbox dj and other DJ software with all 4 players.
6. High quality, rugged build for professional use
The DJM-900NXS2 is built for the rigours of professional use.
• Magvel Fader: highly responsive magnetic crossfader designed for smooth operation and superb durability.
• 2 headphone plugs: ¼-inch stereo jack and 3.5mm MiniPin
• Gold-plated RCAs: for premium sound quality on all connections
Number of channels 4 x audio channels, 2 x MIC channels
Input ports Digital In x 4 (coaxial), Line In x 4 (RCA), Phono x 4 (RCA), MIC x 2 (XLR & ¼-inch TRS jack x 1, 1/4” TRS JACK x 1)
Output ports Master Out x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1), Booth Out x 1 (1/4“ TRS jack), Headphone Monitor Out x 1(1/4” stereo jack, 3.5mm stereo min-jack), Rec Out x 1 (RCA), Digital Out x 1 (coaxial)
Other ports Send x 1 (1/4” TS jack), Return x 1 (1/4” TS jack), USB B x ?, USB A x 1, Link (LAN) x 1
Sampling rate 96kHz
D/A converter 32bit
A/D converter 24bit
Frequency response 20Hz ? 40?Hz (Line)
Total Harmonic Distortion ratio 0.005? or less (Line-Master1?
S/N ratio 105 dB (Line)
Max external dimension
(W x D x H) 333 x 414.2 x 107.9 mm
Unit weight 8.0kg
This product has not been reviewed yet.